The BOC Stainshield range is precisely formulated to produce outstanding, first-time results when working with stainless steel.
Professional welders buying Stainshield Heavy achieve strong, smooth, clean and defect-free welds without the need for time-consuming and expensive rework.
Argon, carbon dioxide and helium are combined in different quantities for MIG welding applications.
Stainshield Heavy is designed for welding stainless steel over 10 millimetres in thickness.
It provides excellent arc stability which results in low spatter, minimial defects and an excellent weld appearance.
Stainshield Heavy is suitable for both spray and pulse transfer as well as manual and automatic applications.
Key customer benefits include lower wire usage and fabrication costs with Stainshield Heavy quickly delivering deep fusion profiles as well as very high travel speeds.
A wide range of cylinders options are available to customer volume requirements, please refer to the cylinder guide on this page.
View our video on Stainshield Heavy:
- Advanced shielding gas delivering clean, smooth and detect-free welds
- Exactly formulated for stainless steel over 10 millimetres in thickness
- Suitable for many applications including spray, pulse, manual, automatic
- High travel speeds, deep fusion profiles reduce wire usage, fabrication costs
- Gas Type: Welding gas
- Supply Mode: Cylinders
- Welding Type: Shielding
- Gas Composition: 60% Ar, 38% He, 2% CO2
- Flexibility: Suitable for wide range of automatic/manual welding, spray and pulse transfer
- Qualities: Superior weld finish
- Efficiency: High travel speeds, deep fusion profiles reducing costs
- Welding Processes: Arc welding processes
- ISO Classification: ISO 1471-M12-HeArC-38/2
- MIG/MAG welding gas: Stainshield range (stainless steel)