Advanced shielding gas: The BOC Argoshield range #
An advanced range of shielding gases delivering superior welding performance, productivity and lowering customer operating costs. Developed primarily for the MIG welding of steel, Argoshield gases deliver improved welding performance.
The gases are simple to use, achieve fast travel speeds resulting in minimal distortion, spatter and provide consistently good penetration and fusion with flat weld profiles. These excellent ‘first time’ results help to cut the frequency rework and post-weld treatment – a key factor in driving costs down for BOC customers.
Argoshield Heavy #
Used for welding construction work on steel greater than 10 millimetres thick, Argoshield Heavy has a much higher Carbon Dioxide content and consistently produces strong, reliable welds with a deep, bowl-shaped penetration.
This product is particularly suited to work where large numbers of multi-pass welds in spray transfer are required on heavy sections.
The product’s excellent arc stability and precise formulation for this type of work delivers faster welding speeds which reduces production costs.
Argoshield Heavy is ideally suited for heavy engineering and structural work including shipbuilding and repair, boiler manufacturing and the production of bigger, stronger vehicles.
- Combines 2% Oxygen, 20% Carbon Dioxide, balance Argon
- Specially formulated for MIG welding constructional steel work of mild steel greater than 10mm thick
- Ideal for heavy engineering and structural work such as shipbuilding and repair, heavy vehicle and boiler manufacturing
- Is suitable for a wide range of applications from welding thick-walled pipes and pressure vessels to earth-moving equipment
- High carbon dioxide content gives mild steel welding good rounded penetration profiles, producing consistently reliable and strong welds with a deep, bowl-shaped penetration.
View our video on Argoshield Heavy:
- Formulated to deliver optimal results for heavy engineering customers
- Additional carbon dioxide for strong, reliable welds and deep penetration
- Supports multi-pass welding in spray transfer, ideal for heavy sections
- Gas Composition: 78% Ar, 20% CO2, 2% O2
- Gas Type: Welding gas
- Supply Mode: Cylinders
- Welding Type: Shielding
- Efficiency: Delivers faster welding speeds and reduces production costs
- Outlet connection: 5/8” BSP female right hand cone recessed at 230 bar
- Welding Processes: Arc welding processes
- ISO Classification: ISO 14175-M26-ArCO-20/2
- MIG/MAG welding gas: Argoshield range (carbon steel)